Notice is hereby given that the 36th Annual General Meeting of Real Estate Investments Zambia Plc will take place at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lusaka Tower, Arcades, Lusaka on Thursday 29 March 2018 at 10:00 Hrs.
- To call the meeting to order; to record apologies and proxies received.
- To read the Notice of the Meeting.
- To read and approve the Minutes of the 35th Annual General Meeting held on 30 March 2017.
- To consider any matters arising from these Minutes.
- To receive the Report of the Directors (the Chairman’s Statement, the Chief Executive Officer’s Report and the Statement of Corporate Governance), the Auditor’s Report and the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2017.
- To appoint Auditors for the ensuing year and to authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration.
- To elect Directors to fill any vacancies. In terms of the Articles Mr. Mark O’Donnell, Mr. David Chewe and Mrs. Efi O’Donnell retire. Mr. Mark O’Donnell, Mr. David Chewe and Mrs. Efi O’Donnell, being eligible, offer themselves for re-election.
- To approve the Directors’ remuneration.
- To declare a Final Dividend. The proposed Final Dividend of K0.13 per share (Thirteen Ngwee per share), if approved, will be declared payable to members registered in the books of the company on close of business on 27 April 2018. The transfer books and register of members will be closed from 25 April 2018 – 27 April 2018 (both dates inclusive). Warrants in payment will be posted for payment in Kwacha at K0.13 per share (Thirteen Ngwee per share) on or about 2 May 2018.
- To consider any competent business of which due notice has been given.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Moses Vera – Company Secretary
“A member entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy, who need not also be a member, to attend and vote instead of him.” Proxy forms are obtainable from the Company Secretary and must be lodged at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before commencement of the AGM.
“The instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy of the power or authority, must be deposited, not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for holding the meeting or adjourned meeting at which the person named in the instrument proposes to vote, at the registered office or at such other place as is nominated by the Board. In default the instrument of proxy shall not be treated as valid.”
“No person other than a Director retiring at the meeting shall, unless recommended by the Directors, be eligible for election to the office of Director at any general meeting, unless not less than 21 days before the date appointed for the meeting there has been left at the registered office notice in writing signed by a member (not being the person to be proposed) duly qualified to attend and vote at the meeting, of his intention to propose the person for election, and a notice in writing signed by that person of his willingness to be elected.”
Issued in Lusaka, Zambia on 2 March 2018
|Lusaka Securities Exchange Sponsoring Broker|
|T | +260-211-232456
E | email@example.com
W | www.sbz.com.zm
Stockbrokers Zambia Limited (SBZ) is a founder member of the Lusaka Securities Exchange and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Zambia
First Issued on 2 March 2018